-   -   If Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/222915-if-formula.html)

Liz

If Formula

Based upon an average of 3 numbers I need to figure out how to calculate a
formula based on the average to perform the following:

If there three month average + 50 was <300 - minimum quota is 300 new lines

If the three month average was HIGHER than 2 of the 3 months, the actual
average was used

If the three month average was LOWER than 2 of the three months -

If the average number was < 1000, I added 50 to the average
If the average number was 1000, I added 150 to the average

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Luke M

If Formula

What happens if multiple criteria are met? What if average equals 1000? What
if average is equal to 2 of the 3 months?? All of these are questions you
need to define better. Assuming you wrote your criteria in order of
importance/judgment, this is what you said, in formula form.

=IF(AVERAGE(A2:A4)+50<300,"300 new
lines",IF(AVERAGE(A2:A4)MEDIAN(A2:A4),AVERAGE(A2: A4),AVERAGE(A2:A4)+IF(AVERAGE(A2:A4)<1000,50,150)) )
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Liz" wrote:

Based upon an average of 3 numbers I need to figure out how to calculate a
formula based on the average to perform the following:

If there three month average + 50 was <300 - minimum quota is 300 new lines

If the three month average was HIGHER than 2 of the 3 months, the actual
average was used

If the three month average was LOWER than 2 of the three months -

If the average number was < 1000, I added 50 to the average
If the average number was 1000, I added 150 to the average

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Liz

If Formula

If the criteria is met we are adding 50 or 150 to the average. The formula
you provided does exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!