-   -   how can I flag the same data from two different column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/222675-how-can-i-flag-same-data-two-different-column.html)

IBE

how can I flag the same data from two different column

I have a worksheet that I'm trying to find the data from Column A that's not
in Column B. i have almost 4000 records and it's a pain to go through each
row. help please.

Sheeloo[_3_]

how can I flag the same data from two different column

Put this in C1
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B:B,1,FALSE)),"Not in Col B","")
and copy down till the end of your data...

It will put "Not in Col B" in those rows where value in cell in Col A is not
found in Col B.

"IBE" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I'm trying to find the data from Column A that's not
in Column B. i have almost 4000 records and it's a pain to go through each
row. help please.

Sheeloo[_3_]

how can I flag the same data from two different column

See the answer in 'General Questions'

"IBE" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I'm trying to find the data from Column A that's not
in Column B. i have almost 4000 records and it's a pain to go through each
row. help please.

Sheeloo[_3_]

how can I flag the same data from two different column

Ignore my second post in this thread... my mistake.

"IBE" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I'm trying to find the data from Column A that's not
in Column B. i have almost 4000 records and it's a pain to go through each
row. help please.

Francis

how can I flag the same data from two different column

try this

=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$4000,B2)=1

those names that are not in col B will return FALSE

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"IBE" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I'm trying to find the data from Column A that's not
in Column B. i have almost 4000 records and it's a pain to go through each
row. help please.

Shane Devenshire

how can I flag the same data from two different column

Hi,

You can highlight the cells with conditional formatting:

To conditionally format your cell(s):

In 2003:
1. Select the cells you want to format (Column A in your case)
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=COUNTIF($B$1:$B$4000,A1)=0
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=COUNTIF($B$1:$B$4000,A1)=0
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire