-   -   split cells with Alt+Enter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22263-split-cells-alt-enter.html)

PC

split cells with Alt+Enter

I have several cells where we have used Alt+Enter to force a new line within
the cell. Now we want to split those out into separate cells, inserting rows
as needed to do to so it doesn't overright info in the cell below. Can this
be done?

Gord Dibben

One method to split into separate cells.

Insert appropriate number of rows or insert cells below the data.

Select the cell with the alt + enters.

In the formula bar select the data then "Cut"

Select enough cells below that cell and Paste(ignore the "not same size"
message) and click OK

The data is now in separate cells and CR's are gone.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP