-   -   How do I create a combo drop down list in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22223-how-do-i-create-combo-drop-down-list-excel.html)

Ron

How do I create a combo drop down list in Excel?

I would like to create a combo drop down list that shows the year and a rate.
I only want the rate to appear in the cell because it is being used in a
formula on the same spreadsheet. What should I do?

Debra Dalgleish

There's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and
code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected,
the cell shows only the product name. You may be able to adapt this
to your workbook.

On the following page:

Under the data validation heading, look for 'Data Validation "Columns"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List