-   -   rearranging rows from a single column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/222210-rearranging-rows-single-column.html)

Gary

rearranging rows from a single column

So I have a massive amount of data I'm trying to sort which is being dumped
from a PLC (literally thousands of lines in one row). I want to make graphs
out of the data. The problem is there are 6 or 7 different parameters in this
single column. For instance, parameter 1 will show up every 20 lines. I would
like to rearrange these parameters into separate columns so i can easily
graph them. If there was some drag function i could do for each column (maybe
do = "first row"+20 then drag that down with autofill). anyone have any
suggestions? i'd like to do this without having to write a macro. Thanks

Sheeloo[_3_]

rearranging rows from a single column

If you have your data in Col A of Sheet1 then put this in A1 of Sheet2
=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A" & (COLUMN()-1)*20+ROW())
and copy it across and down as needed

It will put A1-A20 in Col A of Sheet2, A21-A40 in Col B, A41-60 in Col C and
so on