-   -   Birthday Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22210-birthday-formula.html)

Joe

Birthday Formula

I have a long spreadsheet with birth dates (ie. 01/01/2001) on column A. Is
there a formula that can calculate into number of years to the present date.
For example, Col A= 04/7/04, Col B =1 year. I'm not sure how to aproach
this, thanks inadvance. Using office 2000.

Joe

Don Guillett

Do you know Mortola?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Joe" wrote in message
I have a long spreadsheet with birth dates (ie. 01/01/2001) on column A.

Is
there a formula that can calculate into number of years to the present

date.
For example, Col A= 04/7/04, Col B =1 year. I'm not sure how to aproach
this, thanks inadvance. Using office 2000.

Joe

Nige

You could use the function YearFrac and Now, like this:

=YEARFRAC(A2,NOW())

This will give you the years and/or fractions between today's date and the
date reference, in this case the date in cell A1.

You can use the Round function too to show the result as whole years:

=ROUND(YEARFRAC(A1,NOW()),0)

but experiment to get the rounding to do what you want it to: you might want
to use Roundup or Rounddown instead.

"Joe" wrote:

I have a long spreadsheet with birth dates (ie. 01/01/2001) on column A. Is
there a formula that can calculate into number of years to the present date.
For example, Col A= 04/7/04, Col B =1 year. I'm not sure how to aproach
this, thanks inadvance. Using office 2000.

Joe

Nige

Forgot to say - you'll need the Analysis Toolpak added for the YearFrac
function to work. Go to Tools, Addins and check the Analysis Toolpak
checkbox.