-   -   Copying summed cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/221848-copying-summed-cells.html)

spitfiregp34

Copying summed cells

I am trying to copy a column of cells that I have summed from other columns.
I then want to erase the other columns, but then when I do this the copied
column all goes to zero. Is there a way to keep the values in the copied
column after I erase the original?

Don Guillett

Copying summed cells

copyeditpaste specialpaste values
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"spitfiregp34" wrote in message
I am trying to copy a column of cells that I have summed from other
columns.
I then want to erase the other columns, but then when I do this the copied
column all goes to zero. Is there a way to keep the values in the copied
column after I erase the original?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Copying summed cells

Copy, then Edit/ Paste Special/ Values.
--
David Biddulph

spitfiregp34 wrote:
I am trying to copy a column of cells that I have summed from other
columns. I then want to erase the other columns, but then when I do
this the copied column all goes to zero. Is there a way to keep the
values in the copied column after I erase the original?

Gord Dibben

Copying summed cells

Copy then paste specialvalues.

Now delete the original columns.