-   -   Check column of dates against todays date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22151-check-column-dates-against-todays-date.html)

Andrew82

Check column of dates against todays date

I have a column of dates that I need to sort through. At the moment I am using

=COUNTIF(E8:E1000,"<15/04/2005")

to check dates that were before todays date. Now I would like to have this
formula change with the date. I have tried having a cell with =TODAY() in it
then referencing that cell in the formula:

=COUNTIF(E8:E1000,"<A1") but it just returns 0. Any ideas?

Hope so!!

Bob Phillips

Andrew,

Try