-   -   List of workbook tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/221460-list-workbook-tabs.html)

Donna

List of workbook tabs

I have a workbook with 100 sheets, named by employee. I want to get a
printout of the tab names so that I don't have to go through the entire list
to see if an employee already has a sheet. Is there a way to do this?

Mike H

List of workbook tabs

Donna,

Right click any sheet tab, view code and paste this in and run it for a list
of sheet names in Column A which you can then print

Sub SheetNames()
For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
Cells(i, 1) = Sheets(i).Name
Next i
End Sub

Mike

"Donna" wrote:

I have a workbook with 100 sheets, named by employee. I want to get a
printout of the tab names so that I don't have to go through the entire list
to see if an employee already has a sheet. Is there a way to do this?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

List of workbook tabs

Hi,

Might use something like this

Sub GetNames()
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim I As Integer
I = 1
For Each sh In Worksheets
Cells(I, 0) = sh.Name
I = I + 1
Next sh

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Donna" wrote:

I have a workbook with 100 sheets, named by employee. I want to get a
printout of the tab names so that I don't have to go through the entire list
to see if an employee already has a sheet. Is there a way to do this?

Dave Peterson

List of workbook tabs

You could rightclick on the VCR/DVD like controls to the left of the horizontal
scroll bar.

You'll see a list of sheets popup where you can select the one you want (or
choose to see more, then choose).

Another option:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
Or Ron de Bruin's xl2007 addin: