Cross matching .

A B C
1 30101 30102 ok
2 30101 30103 ok
3 30101 30104 ok
4 30102 30101 ok
5 30203 30101 not ok
6 30104 30101 ok

please help me for Cross matching A with B Vice versa by EXCEL function.

Pete_UK

Cross matching .

I think you want something like this in C1:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,B:B,0)),"not ok","ok")

and then copy down. You could also put this in D1:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"not ok","ok")

and copy down to look for uniques in column B.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 18, 12:59*am, RNO wrote:
* * * * A * * * B * * * * * *C
1 * * * 30101 * 30102 * * ok
2 * * * 30101 * 30103 * * ok
3 * * * 30101 * 30104 * * ok
4 * * * 30102 * 30101 * * ok
5 * * * 30203 * 30101 * * not ok
6 * * * 30104 * 30101 * * ok

please help me for Cross matching A with B Vice versa by EXCEL function.

Rick Rothstein

Cross matching .

You need to provide more information. What are you "matching"? The only
thing I can see about Row 5 that would make it "not ok" is that the 3rd
digits are different. What is the exact rule that make a "match" either "ok"
or "not ok"?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"RNO" wrote in message
A B C
1 30101 30102 ok
2 30101 30103 ok
3 30101 30104 ok
4 30102 30101 ok
5 30203 30101 not ok
6 30104 30101 ok

please help me for Cross matching A with B Vice versa by EXCEL function.

Teethless mama

Cross matching .

=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$6,A1),"ok","not ok")