-   -   How do I autosum a filtered column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/221373-how-do-i-autosum-filtered-column.html)

Mike Herron

How do I autosum a filtered column

Column D on my worksheet has an autosum function for rows 4 to 102. When I
apply a data filter to another column this removes approximately 50 rows but
the sum remains the same; is there anyway I can get it to just sum the data
that has been filtered?

Pete_UK

How do I autosum a filtered column

Instead of having:

=SUM(D4:D102)

you should change this to:

=SUBTOTAL(9,D4:D102)

then it will reflect only the visible rows.

Hope this helps.

Pete