-   -   How do I copy only the month from a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22122-how-do-i-copy-only-month-date.html)

CCW

How do I copy only the month from a date

I need to copy just the month from one worksheet "A" to worksheet "B" in the
same work book so I can count the number of occurances in one month. I also
have to copy the whole date in worksheet "A" to worksheet "B" in another
column.

Worksheet A Worksheet B Column 1 Worksheet B Collumn 2
To copy To paste To Paste
03/21/05 03 03/21/05

Worksheet B ,occasionally, gets sorted by date. Worksheet A will be data
entry where leaving off the "0" occassionaly in the first 9 months will
happen from time to time as human error.

Worksheet A populates worksheet B and once worksheet A is populated the
newly populated row in B is copied to the row below. Once copied to to the
row below the data in A is deleted with the next set of data.

Is this too much for excel and an ACCESS application. I just about have it
in excel ecept for these two collumns.

Duke Carey

You can get the month of an actual date by using the MONTH(date) function.
It will return only a 3, not an 03. If you need two digits, use
=TEXT(MONTH(date),"00")

Just directly reference the date in Worksheet A to get it into Worksheet B.

=date

"CCW" wrote in message
[...]

Thief_

ws2.cells(1,1) = month( ws1.cells(2,2))