-   -   If Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220900-if-statement.html)

Dave

If Statement

Look at the following formula and tell me what is wrong with it. I am trying
to have a cell count "1" if a certain group of sponsors appear in the cell I
have several sponsors in the same list. What I want to happen is when a
certain sponsor is chosen I want it to count as 1 in another box. I have one
group say in cells E2:E5 and another group in E6:E10.
=IF(F4:F9=Lists!E13:E22, "1", IF(F4:F9=Lists!E2:E12, "0",
IF(F4:F9=Lists!E23:E30, "0")))
This is the formula I came up with for one cell in my Totals area.

T. Valko

If Statement

It's not real clear what you're trying to do...

Let's see if we can figure it out.

when a certain sponsor is chosen I want it to count as 1

Ok, how is a sponsor chosen? A "certain sponsor" implies a *single* sponsor.

If sponsor A is chosen, then you want to see if sponsor A is in the range
Lists!E13:E22 and if it is return 1?

What do these other ranges have to do with it?

IF(F4:F9=Lists!E2:E12, "0",
IF(F4:F9=Lists!E23:E30, "0"

--
Biff