-   -   If Then And Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220895-if-then-statement.html)

impreza251

If Then And Statement

I am trying to calculate my travel for work. I have a list of buildings I
frequently go too and travel between. I created an excell sheet that has a
Departure Bldg a Destination Building and the Mileage inbetween the two. If
I select a departure building and select a destination building I would like
the Mileage to be filled in automatically. This is what I thought it should
be but doesn't work.
436 and 268 are building numbers and Information!$I$4 is the mileage between
those buildings

=IF(AND(B4=436*(C4=268)),Information!$I$4)

Niek Otten

If Then And Statement

=IF(AND(B4=436),(C4=268)),Information!$I$4,0)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"impreza251" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate my travel for work. I have a list of buildings I
frequently go too and travel between. I created an excell sheet that has
Departure Bldg a Destination Building and the Mileage inbetween the two.
If
I select a departure building and select a destination building I would
like
the Mileage to be filled in automatically. This is what I thought it
should
be but doesn't work.
436 and 268 are building numbers and Information!$I$4 is the mileage
between
those buildings

=IF(AND(B4=436*(C4=268)),Information!$I$4)

John[_22_]

If Then And Statement

Hi
Try it this way :=IF(AND(B4=436,C4=268),Information!I4,"")
HTH
John
"impreza251" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate my travel for work. I have a list of buildings I
frequently go too and travel between. I created an excell sheet that has a
Departure Bldg a Destination Building and the Mileage inbetween the two. If
I select a departure building and select a destination building I would like
the Mileage to be filled in automatically. This is what I thought it should
be but doesn't work.
436 and 268 are building numbers and Information!$I$4 is the mileage between
those buildings

=IF(AND(B4=436*(C4=268)),Information!$I$4)

Glenn

If Then And Statement

impreza251 wrote:
I am trying to calculate my travel for work. I have a list of buildings I
frequently go too and travel between. I created an excell sheet that has a
Departure Bldg a Destination Building and the Mileage inbetween the two. If
I select a departure building and select a destination building I would like
the Mileage to be filled in automatically. This is what I thought it should
be but doesn't work.
436 and 268 are building numbers and Information!$I$4 is the mileage between
those buildings

=IF(AND(B4=436*(C4=268)),Information!$I$4)

Take a look at this:

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...ml#IndexMatch3