-   -   Want a number of cells to be auto completed based on entry in one. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22084-want-number-cells-auto-completed-based-entry-one.html)

matt ashley

Want a number of cells to be auto completed based on entry in one.

In Excel, I want a number of columns to be filled in automatically based on
putting an entry in one cell. I.E. If I put a customer number in one column,
I want the next column to be filled in with the cust. name, the following
column filled in with the cust phone number, and so on. I am using excel
2003.

Nick Hodge

Matt

You will need a VLOOKUP function, so if you place the data Cust#, Name,
address etc on sheet2 then on sheet1 you will enter a formula similar to
this (In B1 where you are entering the cust # in A1 and to return the data
in the second column in the list on Sheet2)

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$E$100,2,FALSE)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge