-   -   Vlookup & "space" vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220808-vlookup-space-vlookup.html)

majestyk

Vlookup & "space" vlookup

I am looking up first name and surname from a range with 2 vlookup functions,
=vlookup(value,array,column)&vlookup(value, array,column) - what I get is
JohnSmith - what I want is John Smith. Is there a way to insert a space? I
have tried the """" and others.
Thank you

Mike H

Vlookup & "space" vlookup

Try

=vlookup(value,array,column)&" "&vlookup(value, array,column)

Mike

"majestyk" wrote:

I am looking up first name and surname from a range with 2 vlookup functions,
=vlookup(value,array,column)&vlookup(value, array,column) - what I get is
JohnSmith - what I want is John Smith. Is there a way to insert a space? I
have tried the """" and others.
Thank you

[email protected]

Vlookup & "space" vlookup

Try

"majestyk" wrote:
I am looking up first name and surname from a range with 2 vlookup functions,
=vlookup(value,array,column)&vlookup(value, array,column) - what I get is
JohnSmith - what I want is John Smith. Is there a way to insert a space? I
have tried the """" and others.
Thank you- Hide quoted text -

Mike - thank you. works well. I'll stay with this forum rather than
the other.