-   -   A formula to discount percentage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220668-formula-discount-percentage.html)

David Wilson

A formula to discount percentage

I am trying to find a formula to discount by percentage rather than currency
on Excel 2007.

Example:

A1 B1 C1
£25 -37% = £15.75
£33 -23% = £25.41

HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI[_2_]

A formula to discount percentage

Pl try following formula

=a1*(1-b1)

"David Wilson" wrote:

I am trying to find a formula to discount by percentage rather than currency
on Excel 2007.

Example:

A1 B1 C1
£25 -37% = £15.75
£33 -23% = £25.41

muddan madhu

A formula to discount percentage

=A1*(1+B1)

On Feb 12, 11:01*pm, David Wilson <David
wrote:
I am trying to find a formula to discount by percentage rather than currency
on Excel 2007.

Example:

* *A1 * * * * * * B1 * * * * * * * C1
* £25 * * * * *-37% * * * = £15.75
* £33 * * * * *-23% * * * = £25.41

David Biddulph[_2_]

A formula to discount percentage

I hope that you meant to say not =a1*(1-b1) but =a1*(1+b1) ?
--
David Biddulph

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI"
wrote in message
Pl try following formula

=a1*(1-b1)

"David Wilson" wrote:

I am trying to find a formula to discount by percentage rather than
currency
on Excel 2007.

Example:

A1 B1 C1
£25 -37% = £15.75
£33 -23% = £25.41

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

A formula to discount percentage

If you mean by -37% a discount of 37% it would be easier to call column B
Discount and enter 37% and use the formula

=A1*(1-B1)

It would save you having to key a minus sign infront of every discount percent

And technically we don't talk about a negative discount, just a discount.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire