-   -   How do I write a VBA code in excel that will compare two columns . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22031-how-do-i-write-vba-code-excel-will-compare-two-columns.html)

PenelopeinCinci

How do I write a VBA code in excel that will compare two columns .

I am trying to compare two columns of data and extract unlike data. I am
familar with VBA code but have seen so many ways to do it. The Help section
in Excel makes it sound so easy but gives no real direction.

Bob Phillips

Penelope,

One way

In C1, add the formula =A1<B1
Copy down the columns

Then do a DataFilterAutofilter, and filter on the value TRUE. This will
show the mis-matches.

--

HTH

RP

"PenelopeinCinci" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to compare two columns of data and extract unlike data. I am
familar with VBA code but have seen so many ways to do it. The Help

section
in Excel makes it sound so easy but gives no real direction.

JulieD

not a code answer but check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

for lots of ideas on dealing with duplicates

--
Cheers
JulieD