-   -   Counting sales (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220305-counting-sales.html)

John

Counting sales

I have a table of sales by salesman by month. An individual salesman's name
can appear in multiple rows in the table and cells of 0 sales can be blank or
contain 0.

=SUMIF($A$2:$A$116,$A130,B$2:B$116) works fine for summarizing total monthly
revenue for each salesman by month.

How do I use COUNTIF or something like it to count the number of sales,i e:
non-zero entries per month per salesman? COUNTIF lacks the 3rd parameter to
match the salesman's name while counting entries in a different column like
SUMIF.

I don't want to write a VB function to do this because a lot of people use
this spreadsheet and none are knowledgeable about changing trust center
settings.

I appreciate your help, -John

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Counting sales

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$20,"salesman"), --(B2:B20<0),--(B2:B20<""))

--
HTH

Bob