-   -   getpivotdata custom subtotal cell reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220229-getpivotdata-custom-subtotal-cell-reference.html)

anna_717717

getpivotdata custom subtotal cell reference

Hi all, hope somebody can help me

I'm trying to get some data from a pivot table
When I was using automatic subtotals I was able to use the formula:
=GETPIVOTDATA("assessment2",$B$15,"Trainee",D2,"Pr ocess Skill",C2,"Level",B2)

When I changed to 'min' subtotals I got a #ref error and tried:
=GETPIVOTDATA($B$15,"Trainee[a] 'Test1' Level['2';Min]")
(where 'Test1' is a 'Process Skill')

Is it possible to modify this formula to include cell references (i.e. B2,
C2, and D2 as above)

Thanks

Herbert Seidenberg

getpivotdata custom subtotal cell reference

Change the first argument from $B$15 to $B$15&""
See:
http://www.contextures.com
Excel -- Pivot Tables -- GetPivotData
Using Cell References For the Data Field in GetPivotData

anna_717717

getpivotdata custom subtotal cell reference

Hi
I tried changing to:
=GETPIVOTDATA($B$15&"","Trainee['a'] 'Test1' Level['2';Min]")
but still get a #ref error even before trying to reference any cells! Any
thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Change the first argument from $B$15 to $B$15&""
See:
http://www.contextures.com
Excel -- Pivot Tables -- GetPivotData
Using Cell References For the Data Field in GetPivotData

Herbert Seidenberg

getpivotdata custom subtotal cell reference

Need all the data, including source of PT.
Upload the desensitized file to one of them:
http://freefilehosting.net/
http://www.savefile.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/
and post the link.