-   -   Dropdown selection by keyboard (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220152-dropdown-selection-keyboard.html)

Erol

Dropdown selection by keyboard

Hi All,

I have generated several dropdown list through datavalidation.

Some of my coworkers need to select the appropriate selection. However, some
indicated me that they prefer to use keyboard, such as using tab key, or
arrow keys to select the item from dropdown list.

They indicated, currently, they end up trying to aim the mouse pointer to
the dropdown arrow on the cell and they want to avoid this.

Is this somehow possible?

Thanks in advance

Gary''s Student

Dropdown selection by keyboard

1. ALT-DOWNARROW to make the pull-down appear
2. DOWNARROW to move down the pull-down
3. ENTER to pick your selection

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832