-   -   need macro from button to open selectable file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/219649-need-macro-button-open-selectable-file.html)

dillon26

need macro from button to open selectable file

i have a program that will export data to excel (text only). i am trying to
make a file which contains only a button that launches a macro that begins by
allowing the user to select the file to which they exported the data, then
the macro will change the formatting of the selected file.

i have the macro saved in my personal macro workbook that does the
formatting, and i can create the button on a new page, but i do not know how
to get from pressing the button to opening a user selected file and then
running the formatting.

thanks in advance. dillon

Per Jessen

need macro from button to open selectable file

Hi

If the file you want to select and use your formatting on, this should do
it:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

MyFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename
Set wb1 = Workbooks.Open(MyFileName)
wb1.Activate
Call MyFormatSub
wb1.Save