-   -   Getting rid of VLOOKUP N/A (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/219486-getting-rid-vlookup-n.html)

WA

Getting rid of VLOOKUP N/A

Lets say I implement the vlookup function and it displays #N/A in the cell
because it can't find what I am looking for - is there a way to change the
#N/A to a number or string of my choice?

Thanks,

W.A.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Getting rid of VLOOKUP N/A

Hi

Try
=IF(ISERROR(your_formula),"what you want to display",your_formula)

If you have XL2007 then
=IFERROR(your_formula,"What you want to display")

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"WA" wrote in message
Lets say I implement the vlookup function and it displays #N/A in the cell
because it can't find what I am looking for - is there a way to change the
#N/A to a number or string of my choice?

Thanks,

W.A.

Don Guillett

Getting rid of VLOOKUP N/A

Look in the help index for
ISNA
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"WA" wrote in message
Lets say I implement the vlookup function and it displays #N/A in the cell
because it can't find what I am looking for - is there a way to change the
#N/A to a number or string of my choice?

Thanks,

W.A.

WA

Getting rid of VLOOKUP N/A