-   -   count days from a one date to another date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/219248-count-days-one-date-another-date.html)

confused!!

count days from a one date to another date

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

John[_22_]

count days from a one date to another date

HI
Try this: =B1-A1
You must format the cell as "General"
HTH
john
"confused!!" wrote in message
If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

Niek Otten

count days from a one date to another date

=B1-A1, Format as General or Number

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"confused!!" wrote in message
If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

Marcelo

count days from a one date to another date

if you prefere something different from the Mike perfect anwer, you can use

=datedif(b1,a1,"D")

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

John[_22_]

count days from a one date to another date

HI Marcelo
I Think you meant =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"D")
Regards
John

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

Marcelo

count days from a one date to another date

sorry for the typo error

anwer = answer
--

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

John[_22_]

count days from a one date to another date

Hi Marcelo
We all make errors, welcome to the human race.
Have a nice day
John
"Marcelo" wrote in message
sorry for the typo error

anwer = answer
--

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

Marcelo

count days from a one date to another date

no datedif runs as oldest date first so as A1 has 09/17/09 and b1 has
10/30/08 b1 came first on the formula

hth
--

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

John[_22_]

count days from a one date to another date

Hi Again
Now I notice it's not the same year, you're right, my apologies.
That proves to you, I'm human :)
Regards
John

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

John[_22_]

count days from a one date to another date

Correction on formula
=A1-B1
Sorry for my blindness.
John
"confused!!" wrote in message
If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

Marcelo

count days from a one date to another date

cheers

;)
--

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

David Biddulph[_2_]

count days from a one date to another date

No, John. The OP asked for "the number of days from A1 to B1", so your
answer of -262 was correct.
--
David Biddulph

"John" wrote in message