Old February 5th 09, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count days from a one date to another date

cheers

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"John" escreveu:

Hi Again
Now I notice it's not the same year, you're right, my apologies.
That proves to you, I'm human
Regards
John
"Marcelo" wrote in message
no datedif runs as oldest date first so as A1 has 09/17/09 and b1 has
10/30/08 b1 came first on the formula

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Marcelo

"John" escreveu:

HI Marcelo
I Think you meant =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"D")
Regards
John
"Marcelo" wrote in message
if you prefere something different from the Mike perfect anwer, you can
use

=datedif(b1,a1,"D")

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Marcelo

"confused!!" escreveu:

If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need
count
the number of days from A1 to B1

Please provide formula for doing so.

Old February 5th 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, John. The OP asked for "the number of days from A1 to B1", so your
answer of -262 was correct.
--
David Biddulph

"John" wrote in message
Correction on formula
=A1-B1
Sorry for my blindness.
John
"John" wrote in message
HI
Try this: =B1-A1
You must format the cell as "General"
HTH
john
If in cell A1 i have a date 09/17/09 and date 10/30/08 in B1 i need to