-   -   display values of formulas in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21918-display-values-formulas-excel.html)

Binyaaust

display values of formulas in Excel

I am using Excel 2002 to link two workbooks. In destination, I got the
formulas instead of values for all columns pointing to constants (text
format), and values for other columns pointing to cells containing numbers.
All of them are linked to the same workbook in the exactly same way. And I
have tried Ctrl+`, but it only widen the columns for me (I do not know why).

Could any guru please help for this?

Bernie Deitrick

Binyaaust,

Do not format the cells for text, even if you are expecting the formulas to
return text. Format the cells for General, and re-enter the formulas. Text
formatting forces anything entered into the cell to be text - which is why
you see your formula. Applying the General format after entering the formula
into a cell formatted as Text won't do anything - you need to re-format and
re-enter.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP