-   -   Getting rid of +/- in date subtraction.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/219009-getting-rid-date-subtraction.html)

Mark

Getting rid of +/- in date subtraction..

My formula in cell c7 reads =c5-c6

If I put 01/01/2009 in c5
and 01/10/2009 in c6

I get -9 in c7

C6 will always be later than c5

Can I get rid of the (-) in c7? and have just a number?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

JE McGimpsey

Getting rid of +/- in date subtraction..

One way:

=C6-C5

In article ,
Mark wrote:

My formula in cell c7 reads =c5-c6

If I put 01/01/2009 in c5
and 01/10/2009 in c6

I get -9 in c7

C6 will always be later than c5

Can I get rid of the (-) in c7? and have just a number?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Fred Smith[_4_]

Getting rid of +/- in date subtraction..

Certainly, as long as you do the subtraction the right way. Use:
=c6-c5

Regards,
Fred.

"Mark" wrote in message
My formula in cell c7 reads =c5-c6

If I put 01/01/2009 in c5
and 01/10/2009 in c6

I get -9 in c7

C6 will always be later than c5

Can I get rid of the (-) in c7? and have just a number?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

DILipandey

Getting rid of +/- in date subtraction..

Hi Mar,

you can use =abs(c5-c6)

thanks
--
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)

New Delhi, India

"Mark" wrote:

My formula in cell c7 reads =c5-c6

If I put 01/01/2009 in c5
and 01/10/2009 in c6

I get -9 in c7

C6 will always be later than c5

Can I get rid of the (-) in c7? and have just a number?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

David Biddulph[_2_]

Getting rid of +/- in date subtraction..

Or, as the OP has said that C6 will always be later than C5, just use =C6-C5
--
David Biddulph

"DILipandey" wrote in message
Hi Mar,