-   -   how do I create a formula to calculate sales tax using Yes & No (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21893-how-do-i-create-formula-calculate-sales-tax-using-yes-no.html)

Kel

how do I create a formula to calculate sales tax using Yes & No

I have a spreadsheet set up and two of the columns will have yes or no in
them, I want to calculate the sales tax that was included in the po......see
below......

PO Amt. Taxable material Taxes Included in PO Sales Tax Due
$900.94 Yes Yes
$68.64 (how do I
get this # with a formula)

thanks for your help!!!
Kel :-)

CLR

In your Sales Tax Due cell, I assume it's D2, put this formula..........copy
down if desired.......

=IF(C2="YES",A2*.076187

Or, you can put the Sales Tax Percentage in a cell like E2, and use
this.....

=IF(C2="YES",A2*E2

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kel" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet set up and two of the columns will have yes or no in
them, I want to calculate the sales tax that was included in the

po......see
below......

PO Amt. Taxable material Taxes Included in PO Sales Tax Due
$900.94 Yes Yes
$68.64 (how do I
get this # with a formula)

thanks for your help!!!
Kel :-)

Gord Dibben

Kel

Not sure what you need here.

Do you want to compute the Tax Due if Taxes Included in PO is yes and nothing
if no?

Assuming Tax Due is column D

In D2 enter =IF(C2="yes",A2*taxrate,"")

If I have missed the mark, post back or wait for other interpretations.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP