-   -   Excel 2003 using a list from another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218768-excel-2003-using-list-another-workbook.html)

Kimberly

Excel 2003 using a list from another workbook

Everytime I follow Debra's directions in "Use a List from Another Workbook"
I get an error message that "You may not use references to other worksheets
or workbooks for data validation criteria". Does it just not work in 2003?

Thanks.
Kimberly

Roger Govier[_3_]

Excel 2003 using a list from another workbook

Hi Kimberley

No, it works fine in XL2003.

I suspect you are not following Debra's instructions completely, especially
points 4 and 5
4. Keep MyLists.xls open, and create and save a new workbook (Schedule.xls)
5. In Schedule.xls, create a range named EmployeeList with this formula:
=MyLists.xls!Employees

--
Regards
Roger Govier