-   -   need help with sum formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218452-need-help-sum-formula.html)

chrisnsmith

need help with sum formula

I have a worksheet with columns D thru M. In column M I have the following
sum formula, H-I. This formula is simple but what I need is a formula that
will return no value if cells D thru M have no entries.

What formula should I use?

Fred Smith[_4_]

need help with sum formula

Use Count -- it will ignore blanks. As in:

=if(count(Range)0,sum(YourRange),"")

Regards,
Fred/

"chrisnsmith" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with columns D thru M. In column M I have the following
sum formula, H-I. This formula is simple but what I need is a formula
that
will return no value if cells D thru M have no entries.

What formula should I use?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

need help with sum formula

Hi,

=IF(SUM(H1:I1),SUM(H1:I1),"")

This will work if when the two cells are 0 you will be happy with a blank
entry. If not

=IF(COUNT(H1:I1),SUM(H1:I1),"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"chrisnsmith" wrote:

I have a worksheet with columns D thru M. In column M I have the following
sum formula, H-I. This formula is simple but what I need is a formula that
will return no value if cells D thru M have no entries.

What formula should I use?

chrisnsmith

need help with sum formula

Thanks Fred,