Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I have a cell change to red/green if not equal to:

Hi and Thanks for looking.

We are working on a job tracking worksheet and one of our guys has done
spectacular so far.

I'll state the simple, then ask the Question

there are 11 process's we track, left to right. 11 Phases and the 12th cell
is ship date with a total varience running.

Cells:
B5 = Begin Phase 1 date
B6 = Phase one complete date
B7 = is variance between dates B5 and B6, or date sarted and date complete.

I can allow 7 or less days for this phase.

Question:

If actual date in B6 exceeds (7)days" and shows, lets say "8 days" in B7,
could we make B5 cell turn "red".????
If it is 7 days or less or equal to 7 turn green ? (In B5)

Now assuming that is a possible scenario:

Carry that a bit further.(please)

1. If B5 is red because because B7 is 7days.

We still have time to catch up in Phases 2-11 (each with a no greater than 7
day time limit.
Example through 7 phases I have 49 days. But if I get to Phase 7 in under 49
or better, Can we turn the cells to green to show we are back on schedule.

I would sorta want the same for each cell.
If Phase 1 is 8 days and Phase 2 comes back in 5
I'm one day ahead and I would like C5 to turn green, and red and green along
those principals.

Is this possible?

Did I make any sense.?

Of course I would always want N5 to be red or green That is the ship date..

Job Tracking by phase.
I have the spread sheet done perfect to calculate the variance between cells
5 and 6. I just would like a visual color tracker between phases..

Any assistance would be great. AND if it can't be done just say so Thanks
very much.

Thank you,

Mark

Basically it's dates straight across. left to right
with actual finish dates increasing as they go left to right as each phase
takes time.

When I enter a completion date in each cell I want a color update red or
green.