-   -   Function to get data out of a list using criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218370-function-get-data-out-list-using-criteria.html)

sot

Function to get data out of a list using criteria

I have a list on one sheet which is essentially a list of names with a group
code allocated to them in the first column. ie column A has in P, OB, A etc
Column B has a name. The group code is not unique to one item so there maybe
6 P's etc. In a seperate sheet I wanted to create a list of all the items
from the first sheet allocated to Group P or group A or Group OB.

Any help, greatfully received.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Function to get data out of a list using criteria

Hi

Use Advanced Filter.
Start from a new sheet and enter the word Code in cells A1:C1
In A2 enter P, in B3 enter A and in C4 enter OB
DataFilterAdvanced FilterCopy to new location
List Range point to your data source range on Sheet1
Criteria Range Sheet2!$A$1:$C$4
Destination Sheet2!$A$6:$B$6

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"sot" wrote in message
I have a list on one sheet which is essentially a list of names with a
group
code allocated to them in the first column. ie column A has in P, OB, A
etc
Column B has a name. The group code is not unique to one item so there
maybe
6 P's etc. In a seperate sheet I wanted to create a list of all the items
from the first sheet allocated to Group P or group A or Group OB.

Any help, greatfully received.

sot

Function to get data out of a list using criteria

Hi Roger
This definately does the job, but I was hoping for a more automated method,
such as a formula as the data in the master list will change frequently and
also the Data being extracted by code needs to be in different sections of
the sheet.?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Use Advanced Filter.
Start from a new sheet and enter the word Code in cells A1:C1
In A2 enter P, in B3 enter A and in C4 enter OB
DataFilterAdvanced FilterCopy to new location
List Range point to your data source range on Sheet1
Criteria Range Sheet2!$A$1:$C$4
Destination Sheet2!$A$6:$B$6

--