-   -   sales data seperation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218260-sales-data-seperation.html)

docbehr

sales data seperation

I am currently trying to graph specific data from several different
employees. these employees put their initals next to the sale information in
a seperate coloumn but same row. I want to be able to pull the information
from the rows by recognizing the initals that are put in. Can i get a little
help if someone knows how to do this?

docbehr

sales data seperation

an example might help here to help you understand what I am looking to do:

Initials: Sale amount ($) Quantity
AA 500.00 1
BA 458.32 1
AA 1000.00 2
CA 546.55 1
AA 947.56 1
BA 625.36 1

If i wanted to add all of "AA"'s total sales amounts together and graph it,
is there an easy way to have a formula recognize 'AA' in column A and add all
the data for 'AA' in column B?
"docbehr" wrote:

I am currently trying to graph specific data from several different
employees. these employees put their initals next to the sale information in
a seperate coloumn but same row. I want to be able to pull the information
from the rows by recognizing the initals that are put in. Can i get a little
help if someone knows how to do this?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

sales data seperation

Hi,

I would create a separate summary area using SUMIF(A$1:A$100,D1,B$1:B$100)

I would put the formula into E1 and list all the Initials in D1:D10.

Then I would plot the range E1:D10.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire