-   -   Copy workbook to 2nd workbook paste is greyed out (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218217-copy-workbook-2nd-workbook-paste-greyed-out.html)

Elmer

Copy workbook to 2nd workbook paste is greyed out

I copy and paste into the same wokbook without trouble. When I copy to the
new workbook, paste in the right click and in the menu is not available. I
try Crtl-C andCrtl-V and doesn't work.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Copy workbook to 2nd workbook paste is greyed out

It sounds as if you've got the 2 workbooks open in 2 different instances of
Excel.
Close them down. Open one workbook, then from within that instance of
Excel, use File/ Open to open the 2nd workbook. Then I guess that you'll be
able to copy.
--
David Biddulph

"elmer" wrote in message
I copy and paste into the same wokbook without trouble. When I copy to the
new workbook, paste in the right click and in the menu is not available. I
try Crtl-C andCrtl-V and doesn't work.

Elmer

Copy workbook to 2nd workbook paste is greyed out

Try recommendations and get same problem