-   -   import data format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218112-import-data-format.html)

thenight-train

import data format

I am using both VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP to move data throughout a spread sheet.
I need to format of the data to move as well as the value. I am pulling
several different types of data in to the same cell based on the look up
value. Any ideas?

FSt1

import data format

hi
going out on a limb here but as i understand it, formulas return values to
the cell in which they reside. they cannot return formats. nor perform
actions like reform a cell. to reform a cell, you may need a macro.

Regards
FSt1

"thenight-train" wrote:

I am using both VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP to move data throughout a spread sheet.
I need to format of the data to move as well as the value. I am pulling
several different types of data in to the same cell based on the look up
value. Any ideas?

Gord Dibben

import data format

Formulas pull data.

They cannot pull formatting of that data.

What have you got and what do you want?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP