-   -   Percentage point difference number format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218102-percentage-point-difference-number-format.html)

Jane

Percentage point difference number format

I have doing a simple calculation for the difference between columns with
%'s. I need to be able to have my result shouw as whole numbers.

ie

col 1 col 2 result
4% 2% 2% points - want thisis show as 2 (without a % sign)

thanks in advance.....jane

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Percentage point difference number format

Hi Jane,

To show the result as a whole number without the percentage sign, you can use a custom number format in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the cell(s) where you want to display the result.
  2. Right-click and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  3. In the Format Cells dialog box, select the "Custom" category.
  4. In the "Type" field, enter the following format code:
    Code:

    0" points"
  5. Click "OK" to apply the format.

Now, when you enter the formula to calculate the difference between the two columns, the result will be displayed as a whole number followed by the text "points". For example, if the difference is 2%, it will be displayed as "2 points" in the cell.

Niek Otten

Percentage point difference number format

Multiply by 100 and format as General

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jane" wrote in message
I have doing a simple calculation for the difference between columns with
%'s. I need to be able to have my result shouw as whole numbers.

ie

col 1 col 2 result
4% 2% 2% points - want thisis show as 2 (without a %
sign)

thanks in advance.....jane

Glenn

jane wrote:
I have doing a simple calculation for the difference between columns with
%'s. I need to be able to have my result shouw as whole numbers.

ie

col 1 col 2 result
4% 2% 2% points - want thisis show as 2 (without a % sign)

thanks in advance.....jane

=(A1-B1)*100

Jane

Percentage point difference number format

thank you!!!

"jane" wrote in message
I have doing a simple calculation for the difference between columns with
%'s. I need to be able to have my result shouw as whole numbers.

ie

col 1 col 2 result
4% 2% 2% points - want thisis show as 2 (without a %
sign)

thanks in advance.....jane

Jane

Percentage point difference number format

thanks!