-   -   DropdownMenu-how can I use the down arrow to choose my option? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/218059-dropdownmenu-how-can-i-use-down-arrow-choose-my-option.html)

funkymonty

DropdownMenu-how can I use the down arrow to choose my option?

I am trying to create a drop down menu in Excel 2003.

I know how to do that...but I would like to make it so that when someone
enters starts to type something that exists in the list it automatically
jumps to that option.

AND/OR

Use the up and down arrow buttons to select the option in the dropdown list.

I have seen it done before so I know it can be done- but I just can not
figure out how!!

Thanks

Pete_UK

DropdownMenu-how can I use the down arrow to choose my option?

You can have autocomplete in data validation if you use a combo box -
Debra Dalgleish shows how he

Hope this helps.

Pete