Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array Formula Error

Hello -

I have a data set similar to below

Date Field 1 Field 2 Field 3
1/1/09 x x o
1/5/09 o x x
1/14/09 o o x

I also have an array formula in a separate cell that looks for the row with
the closest match to today's date and is supposed to return the row number
that is the closest match. The formula is:
=MATCH(MIN(ABS(A1:A29-TODAY())),ABS(A1:A29-TODAY()),0)

I keep getting the following error in the array formula: #VALUE!

Is it because the format of the date in column A? I am not sure what I'm
doing wrong.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and effort.