-   -   countif vs. if???? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/217928-countif-vs-if.html)

Tflight

countif vs. if????

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate the number of cells
that have a number greater than 0 in one cell and then a few columns over has
the word "Low" in it.

Right now, I have COUNTIF(L6:L327,"Low",IF(G6:G327,"0")) and of course I
did something wrong to it because there's an error message.

I'm not sure if explained this welll enough. Please help.....

Mike H

countif vs. if????

Try this,

=SUMPRODUCT((L6:L327="Low")*(G6:G3270))

Mike

"Tflight" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate the number of cells
that have a number greater than 0 in one cell and then a few columns over has
the word "Low" in it.

Right now, I have COUNTIF(L6:L327,"Low",IF(G6:G327,"0")) and of course I
did something wrong to it because there's an error message.

I'm not sure if explained this welll enough. Please help.....

Gary''s Student

countif vs. if????

Any time you need to deal with more than one criteria, always consider
SUMPRODUCT(). In this case:

=SUMPRODUCT((L6:L327="Low")*(G6:G3270))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"Tflight" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate the number of cells
that have a number greater than 0 in one cell and then a few columns over has
the word "Low" in it.

Right now, I have COUNTIF(L6:L327,"Low",IF(G6:G327,"0")) and of course I
did something wrong to it because there's an error message.

I'm not sure if explained this welll enough. Please help.....

Tflight

countif vs. if????

That worked perfectly. Thanks. I looked up the sumproduct description, but it
really didn't make any sense. Could you explained why that worked?

http://www.exceluser.com/explore/sumproduct_11.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"Tflight" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate the number of cells
that have a number greater than 0 in one cell and then a few columns over has
the word "Low" in it.

Right now, I have COUNTIF(L6:L327,"Low",IF(G6:G327,"0")) and of course I
did something wrong to it because there's an error message.

I'm not sure if explained this welll enough. Please help.....

Tflight

countif vs. if????

Thank you!

"Tflight" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate the number of cells
that have a number greater than 0 in one cell and then a few columns over has
the word "Low" in it.

Right now, I have COUNTIF(L6:L327,"Low",IF(G6:G327,"0")) and of course I
did something wrong to it because there's an error message.

I'm not sure if explained this welll enough. Please help.....

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

countif vs. if????

Hi,

If you are using Excel 2007 you can also consider

COUNTIFS(L6:L327,"Low",G6:G327,"0")

Excel 2007 also supports SUMIFS, and AVERAGEIFS

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tflight" wrote:

Thank you!