-   -   Excel open a small table from a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/217779-excel-open-small-table-cell.html)

Felicity

Excel open a small table from a cell

I'm not quite sure how to describe this. My clients is in a restaurant
business. He tracks the hours worked/costs etc using Excel. When he comes to
a summary of the hours for lunch & dinner, he wants to click on say, the
total which will open a temporary small dynamic spreadsheet right next to the
cell showing him what these hours are made up of (ie John $10.50/hr 5 hours
Mon/Wed/Thurs). I don't really know where to sart looking.

Bernie Deitrick

Excel open a small table from a cell

Felicity,

The best way to attain something like this is to use a pivot table to crunch your numbers. When a
number in a pivot table is double-clicked, a new worksheet is produced that shows the numbers that
went into that value. That sheet can then be used or deleted as needed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP