-   -   Creating drop downs for part number configuration (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/217652-creating-drop-downs-part-number-configuration.html)

Peter

Creating drop downs for part number configuration

I am looking to create a configure part number using information in a
spreadsheet. Static information will include the base part number,
description, price and package. User can select a suffix that is linked to
the package. For example:
S1ZB80, Diode, .05, 1F. The user then could select
5000 - bulk, qty 50
5010 - magazine, qty 100
5020 - Ammo pack; qty 1000
5030 - Tape and Reel, qty 2500

Luke M

Creating drop downs for part number configuration

Try looking he
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Peter" wrote:

I am looking to create a configure part number using information in a
spreadsheet. Static information will include the base part number,
description, price and package. User can select a suffix that is linked to
the package. For example:
S1ZB80, Diode, .05, 1F. The user then could select
5000 - bulk, qty 50
5010 - magazine, qty 100
5020 - Ammo pack; qty 1000
5030 - Tape and Reel, qty 2500

Peter

Creating drop downs for part number configuration

Luke,
Thanks for the help. I was able to use what I learned in the link to solve
my issue.
Peter