Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sorting multiple

ITEM_CD VC_CD QTY VC_CAUSE_CD
699875 0102802NTUG 1 C15
AAMRLA 0102802NTUG 29 C15
699875 0102802NTZG 1 C44
AAMRLA 0102802NTZG 15 C44
345666 0102802NUCU 1 C3
AAMRLA 0102802NUCU 30 C3
548986 0104802NWPZ 1 C1
AAMRLA 0104802NWPZ 10 C1
699875 0107802OBEX 1 C1
AAMRLA 0107802OBEX 8 C1
699875 0107802OBFA 1 C17
AAMRLA 0107802OBFA 10 C17
462083 0107802OBZY 1 C1
AAMRLA 0107802OBZY 18 C1

these are my columns and rows...I would like to sort the rows but the
smallest number to the largest but keep the AAMRLA under the appropriate
number...is this possible...when i select the area to sort and sort ascending
it sorts the number and then after all numbers it sorts the aamrla's what can
I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I had to add an auxilary column but got it to work. Assuming the table
starts in cell A1

1) In E2 put in the formula =A2 and E3 enter = A2 (not row 3) so E2 and E3
has the same value.
2) Copy E2 and E3 together and past down column E until the end of the data.
Each Item_CD number should appear twice in consecutive rows.
3) Highlight Column E and copy, then Pastespecial values only.
4) Then sort on Key1 = Column E and Key2 = Column A.