-   -   Lookup a reference, go to another worksheet, retrieve a block of d (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/217385-lookup-reference-go-another-worksheet-retrieve-block-d.html)

kiwi1962

Lookup a reference, go to another worksheet, retrieve a block of d

I am working on a planned maintenance costing system where we identify make
and model of machines via data validation. eg Ford and Mustang. These are
concantenated together in one cell as Ford Mustang. Using this cell
information search another worksheet for a block of data that relates to Ford
Mustang and return to original work sheet. This is to allow sales staff to
select a make/ model from the drop down lists and finalise a quote for
customers using the data pulled in from the lookup search. Thanks in
advance!!!

Ron@Buy

Lookup a reference, go to another worksheet, retrieve a block of d

Sounds like a good system.
So what's your problem?

"kiwi1962" wrote:

I am working on a planned maintenance costing system where we identify make
and model of machines via data validation. eg Ford and Mustang. These are
concantenated together in one cell as Ford Mustang. Using this cell
information search another worksheet for a block of data that relates to Ford
Mustang and return to original work sheet. This is to allow sales staff to
select a make/ model from the drop down lists and finalise a quote for
customers using the data pulled in from the lookup search. Thanks in
advance!!!

kiwi1962

Lookup a reference, go to another worksheet, retrieve a block

Good Point!
How do I retrieve the data block 9C x 27R from another worksheet and drop
back into the work sheet with the drop down menus.

I have tried an array {=IF(C29="","",INDIRECT(C29))} but have received a
#REF! error

Any thoughts?

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

Sounds like a good system.