-   -   Lookup values in a column and display them in order with no gaps (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21714-lookup-values-column-display-them-order-no-gaps.html)

Snaggle22

Lookup values in a column and display them in order with no gaps

Hi. Quick Question. Let's say I have a column of values ranging from 0 to
whatever. I would like to, on the next column, look up to see if the value
in the column is 0 or not. If it is 0, I would like to skip it and move on to
the next value. If the value is non-zero, I would like to put that value in
the box and then move on to the next box, checking everthing down that it
just checked. Basically, if I have 0,0,0,0,12,0,0,0,100 in a column, I would
like to, in the next column look like: 12,100 leaving out the zeros. Thanks

Aladin Akyurek

Snaggle22 wrote:
Hi. Quick Question. Let's say I have a column of values ranging from 0 to
whatever. I would like to, on the next column, look up to see if the value
in the column is 0 or not. If it is 0, I would like to skip it and move on to
the next value. If the value is non-zero, I would like to put that value in
the box and then move on to the next box, checking everthing down that it
just checked. Basically, if I have 0,0,0,0,12,0,0,0,100 in a column, I would
like to, in the next column look like: 12,100 leaving out the zeros. Thanks

Some options...

[1] AutoFilter the range for not equal to zero then copy and paste the
result to the destination.

[2] Invoke a fast formula system to build the desired list.

Post back if interested in [2].