-   -   CF looking at more than 1 cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216988-cf-looking-more-than-1-cell.html)

Jock

CF looking at more than 1 cell

With this CF in column "D", "Cell Value is less than =NOW()", the cell colour
becomes red if the date in "D" is less than today's date.
Column E may have text in it.
So using CF, "D" to go red if date is less than NOW() but if text in "E",
then remove red, i.e no formatting at all

Any ideas?

--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

David Biddulph[_2_]

CF looking at more than 1 cell

Formula Is, rather than Cell Value Is
=AND(D1<TODAY(),NOT(ISTEXT(E1)))

If you want to use NOW() rather than today's date, you can change TODAY() in
the formula to NOW()
--
David Biddulph

"Jock" wrote in message
With this CF in column "D", "Cell Value is less than =NOW()", the cell
colour
becomes red if the date in "D" is less than today's date.
Column E may have text in it.
So using CF, "D" to go red if date is less than NOW() but if text in "E",
then remove red, i.e no formatting at all

Any ideas?

--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

Jock

CF looking at more than 1 cell

Nice one, thanks David.

The issue I now have is that the formula I have in "D" [=IF(C6="Y","",A6+3)]
treats A6 (which is empty) as 31/12/1900 with the result that all cells in
"D" (more or less) are red!
How do I get Excel to treat an empty cell as just that?
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock