-   -   I need a formula for grouping data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216982-i-need-formula-grouping-data.html)

Debbie60

I need a formula for grouping data

hi, I'm using excel 2007 as a database for customer addresses and I need a
formula to group the data by suburb and then also by regions. I also need to
know how to print this data by suburbs & region on a seperate worksheet and
retain the info on the orginial worksheet.
eg cell a b c d
1 Brown apple st tempe south west
2 Jones pear rd penrith metro west
many thanks debbie
--
debbie

Debbie60

I need a formula for grouping data

thanks will give it a try
--
debbie

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

You sound like you need a Pivot Table - Data - Pivot Table and Pivot Charts.

Make sure you've got your desired table highlighted when using.

Drop your desired groups into the Row Fields.

You can also drop somethign into the data fields to get, say, the number of
times each of these groups appears on the spreadsheet.