-   -   What-if function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216696-what-if-function.html)

JackieW67

What-if function

I have to answer question on a spreadsheet that are "what-if" questions. ex.
What is the effect of the total loss if the actual car expense changed from
3000 to 2500?

I did the spreadsheet with the 3000 as the car expense. I need a formula to
show the answer to the question, is there a way I can do this?

Gord Dibben

What-if function

General practice is to enter the number 3000 in a cell then refer to that
cell in your calculations.

All you have to do is change the 3000 to 2500 to update your calcs.

If you hard-code 3000 in your formulas, you would have to edit your
formulas.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:46:01 -0800, JackieW67
wrote:

I have to answer question on a spreadsheet that are "what-if" questions. ex.
What is the effect of the total loss if the actual car expense changed from
3000 to 2500?

I did the spreadsheet with the 3000 as the car expense. I need a formula to
show the answer to the question, is there a way I can do this?

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

What-if function

Hi,

In Excel's Help menu, please read up on Scenario manager and data tables,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com