-   -   Copy text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216691-copy-text.html)

msao

Copy text

I have some sheets that i enter a person name and adress on and i would like
it to be entered on a nother sheet automatically and i am really new at this.
I enter the name in sheet 4 Cell D7 and would like the same text in sheet 5
cell D9.

Thank you

Guy[_2_]

Copy text

In sheet 5 cell D9 just type = into the cell and then select the sheet and
cell you want it to be equal to and hit enter. It will display whatever value
is in the target cell.

Guy

"msao" wrote:

I have some sheets that i enter a person name and adress on and i would like
it to be entered on a nother sheet automatically and i am really new at this.
I enter the name in sheet 4 Cell D7 and would like the same text in sheet 5
cell D9.

Thank you

msao

Copy text

tryed that and it did not work like it should

"msao" wrote:

I have some sheets that i enter a person name and adress on and i would like
it to be entered on a nother sheet automatically and i am really new at this.
I enter the name in sheet 4 Cell D7 and would like the same text in sheet 5
cell D9.

Thank you

Guy[_2_]

Copy text

Then manually go to sheet 5 cell D9 and type: =Sheet4!D7
and hit enter. That is manually putting the formula in.
The other way is much easier when doing multiple cells, the cell you select
to copy should have an animated border when you select it if it works
correctly.

Guy

"msao" wrote:

I have some sheets that i enter a person name and adress on and i would like
it to be entered on a nother sheet automatically and i am really new at this.
I enter the name in sheet 4 Cell D7 and would like the same text in sheet 5
cell D9.

Thank you

msao

Copy text

That worked great thank for the fast respone this site is great.