-   -   Using a word in logic functions (instead of a number) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216547-using-word-logic-functions-instead-number.html)

hillan2

Using a word in logic functions (instead of a number)

I'm working on MSExcel 2007. I was wondering if there was a way to reference
a word in a function. Specifically, i need a logic function along the
following lines:

If cell A2 says "No" (is true) then value equals 2 times cell B2, if not,
value equals B5

Mike H

Using a word in logic functions (instead of a number)

hi,

=IF(A2="No",B2*2,B5)

Mike

"hillan2" wrote:

I'm working on MSExcel 2007. I was wondering if there was a way to reference
a word in a function. Specifically, i need a logic function along the
following lines:

If cell A2 says "No" (is true) then value equals 2 times cell B2, if not,
value equals B5

Gord Dibben

Using a word in logic functions (instead of a number)

=IF(A2="No",B2*2,B5)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP