-   -   Cell contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216454-cell-contents.html)

John

Cell contents

Hi,
In Cell A1 and B1 there are dates, cell C1 calculates the difference between
these dates and displays it as days.
How can I have a function in cell C1 which will notify me if there are any
dates not entered. i.e. "Date Required" or "incorrect Format"

Regards

John

John[_22_]

Cell contents

Hi John
Maybe something like this : =IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"Date Required",B1-A1)
HTH
John
"John" wrote in message
In Cell A1 and B1 there are dates, cell C1 calculates the difference
between
these dates and displays it as days.
How can I have a function in cell C1 which will notify me if there are any
dates not entered. i.e. "Date Required" or "incorrect Format"

Regards

John

David Biddulph[_2_]

Cell contents

=IF(COUNT(A1,B1)=2,B1-A1,"your error message")
--
David Biddulph

"John" wrote in message
In Cell A1 and B1 there are dates, cell C1 calculates the difference
between
these dates and displays it as days.
How can I have a function in cell C1 which will notify me if there are any
dates not entered. i.e. "Date Required" or "incorrect Format"

Regards

John

John

Cell contents

Perfect guys thanks

regards

John

"John" wrote in message
In Cell A1 and B1 there are dates, cell C1 calculates the difference
between
these dates and displays it as days.
How can I have a function in cell C1 which will notify me if there are any
dates not entered. i.e. "Date Required" or "incorrect Format"

Regards

John

John[_22_]

Cell contents